We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
We already have a small team of Trustees in place and are keen to attract individuals who would like to help the Charity to thrive and grow.
As a Trustee you will attend meetings to discuss how the service can be improved and provide support to the operational management team. As a minimum we would need you to commit to attending a meeting every 3 months.
Previous experience of working as a Trustee or even as a volunteer is not necessary, nor are management skills as we can offer a buddy system to new Trustees. We would be particularly interested in hearing from you if you have skills in business development, marketing, accountancy, fundraising, bid writing, IT, social or youth work – but none of those are essential – just an open mind and a willingness to get involved.
We welcome trustees who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition as we would like that direct experience to inform the direction of the Board and the charity over the coming years.
Please contact Belinda Lewis (Chair of the Board) in the first instance via email on email@example.com
Charity Bid Manager, £50,000 pro-rata. 21 hours per week.
Home based position with flexible working with a requirement to be in office minimum one day per week.
To manage the ASGMA bid development and fundraising activities in order to support the organisations long term growth strategy to support people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. The role holder will ensure that the limited bid resources are appropriately aligned to pursue those opportunities which represent the greatest potential for new business wins. Working within the Senior Management Team the role holder will be accountable for ensuring timely and high quality submissions to support the bid and funder management processes.
The Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area is Greater Manchester’s largest charity that specialises in working with people with autistic spectrum conditions. We provide direct support to individuals with Asperger Syndrome/Higher Functioning Autism through both 1-2-1 and group activity; alongside support for parents and careers through our Autism information and Family Support Project.
Responsible for the production of EOI, PQQ, and Tender Submissions and evaluation of their quality by:
- Identifying and evaluating new and repeat business opportunities against the organisations growth priorities
- Overseeing production of consistently high quality winning bid documents
- Ensuring effective staffing structures and appropriate budgets in order to achieve required quality standards and maximise performance
- Working with the Senior Management Team to ensure the viability of potential service / activity delivery during the tender / bid writing process
- Positively improving the performance of the Win/Loss ratio.
- Participating in creating, maintaining and utilising management information, including direct client feedback and data collection inputting into relevant systems as appropriate
To effectively monitor and deliver income generation and growth by:
- Supporting delivery of the growth targets in the Strategic Plan by developing and delivering compelling client bid propositions
- Project managing specific business development opportunities
- Working with the Senior Management Team to develop new service models and approaches in response to emerging opportunities
- With Finance, constructing appropriate cost models for traditional and developing areas of activity, cost analysis and business intelligence analysis
- Participating in post contract negotiations with commissioners, partners and ASGMA staff as appropriate
- Creation and implementation of organisational pricing and growth strategies and practice
To be influential in the Marketing and communication of ASGMA internally and externally by:
- Overseeing marketing and communications strategies consistent with good bid practice to include the development and ongoing management of the website and all other marketing channels
- Developing and maintaining strategic and commissioner focussed relationships as appropriate to the role
- Identifying and assessing potential partners and the benefits allied to these partnerships to furthering winning propositions.
Develop, implement and evaluate ASGMAs fundraising strategy in conjunction with the Senior Management Team and Trustees:
- Work in partnership with the Senior Management Team to identify, research and follow up potential new funding opportunities and submit bids to secure future funding for services and projects.
- Develop a volunteer fundraising group and coordinate fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Supervise the Fundraising Co-ordinators activities including holding regular appraisals, conducting performance reviews and providing training and mentoring as appropriate.
Provide accurate and timely information to funders, management colleagues and Trustees. Successful applicants are likely to be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success within the Charity Sector or similar Not for Profit organisation
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £50,000.00 /year pro rata
To apply this role, please forward your CV to Belinda.firstname.lastname@example.org