Autism Key Worker Team Leader, £22K – £25K. This is a contract role for 12 months but may become permanent
To lead and develop 4 key workers and approximately 10 support workers, plus volunteers, to develop and provide individualised programmes of support and activity to individuals aged 10 and above with Asperger Syndrome/Higher Functioning Autism through group and 1-2-1 activity and support.
You will join the organisation at an exciting time of change and progression as we shape and deliver against our long term organisational growth plan. You must therefore be resilient, organised and adept at supporting the delivery of change through effective people management, process and systems improvement
The Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area is Greater Manchester’s largest charity that specialises in working with people with autistic spectrum conditions. We provide direct support to individuals with Asperger Syndrome/Higher Functioning Autism through both 1-2-1 and group activity; alongside support for parents and carers through our Autism Information and Family Support Project.
Our service users are supported to access a wide range of mainstream activities at our Resource Centre in Stretford, local community and across Greater Manchester. The Team Leader will be responsible for their own case load as well as leading the service under the guidance of the Operations Manager to deliver the business plan.
As Autism Key Worker Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and developing the team, to include an admin assistant
- Providing coaching, training and expert guidance to team members
- Supporting the Operations Manager, Finance Manager and Fundraising Manager and Trustee Board in the delivery of the organisation business plan and long-term growth strategy
- Dealing with day-to-day operations issues
- Monitoring, analysing and implementing action plans and metrics in relation to budgets, people, systems, contract and quality reporting
- To take and carry out referrals from Social Workers, other professionals and families to determine if they may be suitable for and want to access ASGMA’s services.
- To direct parents/carers to sources of support
- To work with autistic individuals referred to the service to develop personal plans identifying their needs and aspirations and ways in which these will be addressed.
- To be a lead staff member facilitating group work and activity within the ASGMA Resource Centre and wider community.
- To provide personal 1-2-1 support to autistic individuals as needed, helping them to develop their independence skills.
- To plan and cost activities for the project. To do this in conjunction with service users to ensure their views are reflected in choice of activities on offer.
- Develop the volunteer programme
- Report writing and administration
This role will involve weekend and evening work and requires the post-holder to drive a minibus. Successful applicants are likely to be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success as a team leader in a similar sized organisation within the charitable or not for profit sectors. An in-depth professional understanding of Autistic Spectrum Conditions is also highly desirable.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 per annum
To apply this role, please forward your CV to Belinda.email@example.com